Part gig, part theatre and a tidal wave of glitter. A musical about depression by Brigitte Aphrodite. MBBD is Boom’s first live theatre production. The show completed a triumphant, crowd funded ten day run at the Edinburgh Fringe festival 2015, national coverage included the BBC’s Ten’O Clock News, Guardian, Elle, Independent, Sunday Times Culture, BBC Radio 4’s Front Row.
“I mean, obviously there are songs and costumes and everything, but it’s all just trappings, really; I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so emotionally honest on stage before.”
“Imagine the Mighty Boosh crossed with the best episode of Girls. Prepare to cry and laugh several times over. You’ll leave a better person”.
“you’ll leave the room beaming”
“My Beautiful Black Dog is a raw show in more ways than one, but the warmth and good feeling that it generates is kind of glorious”
“It’s Original, Heart-Wrenching and Warming all at Once”
My Beautiful Black Dog will tour the UK later this year alongside workshops exploring the stigma of our Mental Health.
Some more of our work
- Project 11booms634212018-12-23T19:31:34+00:00
- Project 16booms634212018-12-22T17:34:55+00:00
- Project 7booms634212018-12-22T17:27:21+00:00
- Project 14booms634212018-12-22T17:33:45+00:00
- Project 12booms634212018-12-22T17:32:00+00:00
- Project 13booms634212018-12-22T17:33:14+00:00
- Project 4booms634212018-12-23T19:27:05+00:00
- Project 8booms634212018-12-23T19:30:02+00:00
- Project 15booms634212018-12-23T19:32:17+00:00
- Project 6booms634212018-12-23T19:29:06+00:00