DJ and cultural consultant Zezi Ifore travels to Addis Ababa to uncover ‘Ethiopyawi Electronic’ an elusive avantgarde music scene eagerly showcased by recent Western media.
With the advent of improved infrastructure nationwide, electronic music is booming in Ethiopia. DJ and cultural consultant Zezi Ifore travels to Addis Ababa to discover ‘Ethiopyawi Electronic’, an elusive avantgarde scene eagerly showcased by recent Western media. Once on the ground, she quickly finds that the city’s musical environment is far more complex than she expected, instead giving rise to a surprising, yet dynamic scene.
Produced by Eva Krysiak
Presented by Zezi Ifore
Some more of our work
- Project 18booms634212018-12-23T19:37:38+00:00
- Project 8booms634212018-12-23T19:30:02+00:00
- Project 9booms634212018-12-22T17:29:52+00:00
- Project 7booms634212018-12-22T17:27:21+00:00
- Project 14booms634212018-12-22T17:33:45+00:00
- Project 10booms634212018-12-22T17:30:14+00:00
- Project 21booms634212019-06-07T15:14:36+00:00
- Project 13booms634212018-12-22T17:33:14+00:00
- Project 5booms634212018-12-23T19:27:59+00:00
- Project 19booms634212019-06-07T15:11:27+00:00